Sunday, February 26, 2017

Elder Holland Conference, Foot Problems


We spotted this sign outside a church the other day.  I guess they liked the idea!


It's all good!


We see this little woman almost every day.  She is peeling ginseng and selling vegetables.


President Sonksen took us over to the chapel where Elder Holland will be speaking.  We were making plans to handle the crowd of the two Seoul missions as smoothly as possible.


That evening we went to dinner to celebrate Sister Sonksen's birthday.  We went to an Italian restaurant in our neighborhood.  It was nice that we could walk there.  Afterwards, we treated ourselves to ice cream.  It was a lot of fun!




On the way home from church Sunday, I had a little accident.  My foot went into a crack in the sidewalk and I lost my balance.  Of course, there was no ice to worry about anymore, but it got me anyway.

That night we watched the devotional from Tokyo.  Elder Holland visited there before coming to Korea.  We were so happy to see one of our former missionaries giving the opening prayer!


There was a set of crutches at the office.  Several missionaries have had foot issues lately.  (We just had to send an elder home on Monday with a torn ligament.)  So I was able to make it out to the street.  The Cannons came by and took us to the hospital.  It turns out that I have a broken bone in my foot and I am supposed to stay off it for 12 weeks.  Hmmm.  It is very difficult to get around here on one foot!  There's stairs everywhere!  You can find some escalators and elevators, but it's a challenge.  Luckily, I can do some work from home.


It is the fifth metatarsal on my right foot, even though it looks like it's my left foot.


My companions were very kind and patient with me.

But I did make it to the mission conference.  We were able to get a wheelchair and Alan pushed me to the street and the President drove up and I crawled into the van.


Our missionaries rehearsing for the musical number



Both of the mission presidents gave some guidance to the missionaries before the conference started.



Elder and Sister Holland shook everyone's hand before the meeting started.
They had been in Guam the day before they came to Korea and visited with a family that had just lost a young child to a terrible accident.



 Elder Holland taught about Nicodemus coming to visit with Christ and he didn't understand about being "born again."  Then in the next chapter, Christ is with the woman at the well.  They are two extremes in society, a leader of the church and a woman of ill repute.  So his question to the missionaries was "What does this tell you?"  The Gospel is for Everyone!  We need to teach them at their level of understanding.

Another message he taught is that we do not have to worry too much about political and other turmoils in the world.  As long as we're trying to do our best and staying strong in the faith, it will all work out for our best good.  "Because He Lives"

It was a great blessing to have them visit Korea and our missionaries.  It's something they'll remember for a long time.  It was fun to see the difference between two apostles.  Our Elder Kim said that Elder Bednar is like a laser guided missile and Elder Holland is like a cannon!

No comments:

Post a Comment